Saturday, February 19, 2011

La La La



Whew. Screw my to-do list, I'm blogging.
I feel like venting right now, but I think it would be better to write some of the many things I'm grateful for. I need to do that every day.

1. I got to take a shower today!
Ava actually went down for a nap (I took a shower to avoid listening to the crying), and she finally went down. So I now smell like vanilla, my legs are de-pricklified, and I'm wearing my favorite new shirt from the Nike outlet:



You can actually see it better in the first picture.

2. Look how long my hair is getting! I'm so happy about that.

3. My husband is awesome.
Last night he grabbed a movie (Wall Street) and Papa John's Pizza. I was going to make pizza like I have the last couple of weeks, but I'm glad I didn't have to last night!

Side note: Wall Street was OK. The half I was awake for, anyway. Lots of talking about financial crap I do not understand, but a good depiction of snobby rich people who I do not want to become. Although, it would be nice to have some extra cash to hire someone to do my laundry.

Also, my husband is an awesome salesman. Since he started working for vivint. (formerly APEX/APX), he's been selling like crazy and is the top first-year sales rep in his region. I forget what states that includes but it's, um, a pretty big region. Anyway, he's really been bringing home the bacon.

Speaking of bacon, I love Jim Gaffigan.

ANNNND the baby is awake. YAY. This is why I am freaking nuts. At least I got a shower today.

4. My baby is freaking adorable. Here, since she's not going back to sleep, I'll take a picture of us:



Ava's Aunt noticed that our five-and-a-half-month-old is a much happier baby now. She smiles lots and no longer cries constantly. AND she sleeps good at night.

AND she is currently chewing on the computer table. Yum.

Ava Hungry Walters is finally gaining weight. 15.5 pounds! It's funny how heavy that sounds. Speaking of body weight, another thing I've very grateful for is:

5. What baby weight? I lost it all like, four months ago. I didn't think I'd get that lucky. It has been EXTREMELY nice not having to stress about losing weight in addition to taking care of a baby.


6. My Heavenly Father loves me enough to make beautiful things for me to see and experience. Like Pebble Beach:



7. Venus razors


OK, I feel better. Back to entertaining The Munchkin.

J

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me! If you come visit again let me know because I was sad I missed you last time! Isn't it crazy that having a baby makes you grateful for something as simple as a shower? I am shocked that I can shower so fast now haha

    ReplyDelete