Monday, February 21, 2011

I made Ava a dress!



Unfortunately, she had the audacity to gain a couple of pounds before I finished it. Look at these chunky legs! I LOVE it!



So anyway, I'll put a zipper in the dress. Or just hang it on her wall to look pretty.

Today is Nick's 26th birthday! We went to dinner at Cattlemen's. Nick's mom stayed at home with the sleeping baby.Check out the sweet blanket Aunt Missy (my sister) crocheted. Don't you love how Ava sleeps in the surrender position? Usually it's the "airplane" position, which is really amusing.



I LOVE when I get to go out with Nick. Of course I adore Ava and I love being with her, but it's extremely nice to get out of the house with Nick. It's amazing how nice that feels. Before you have kids you really take for granted the ability to just get up and run out and get food or a Redbox or something. It's awesome to get to carry a purse instead of a 50-pound diaper bag. It's way fun to get to go to dinner and just talk and not be worrying about what I should be cleaning. And then when we come home I can't wait until she wakes up so I can see her again.

Nick spent a lot of his birthday at home chilling with Ava.





And then he went out and worked for a bit before we went out to dinner.

After dinner we came home and did presents and birthday cake. I made ice cream cake out of Oreos and mint ice cream.

Someone tell me how I can do a thousand things in one day without doing crack. It is now going to be Thursday and I have made pretty close to zero progress in the way of cleaning, homework, working out, groceries, and guess what, it's time to do laundry again.

As soon as Ava can walk, she's folding laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment